Blue Gum Montessori School welcomes all feedback and suggestions from our parents and wider community. We take seriously any concerns or complaints which may be raised and are grateful for positive feedback which we will share with those involved.
This Complaints Handling Policy is designed to assist you to understand how to make a complaint.
Fair Treatment and Grievance Resolution for Parents/Guardians and Students Policy
Feedback comes in many forms, whether it be in the form of a concern, a complaint or positive feedback. Some concerns raised are complex; however, in all cases an open, consistent approach that is courteous, efficient and fair best addresses concerns. Such an approach provides opportunities to build partnerships between Blue Gum Montessori School and the community. All feedback will be viewed and actioned by the Administration teams.
We seek to ensure that:
- Parents wishing to give feedback or raise concerns know how to do so
- Positive feedback is shared with those involved and also with the wider Blue Gum Montessori School community as appropriate to celebrate and to encourage such behaviors in others
- We respond to feedback or concerns in a reasonable time and in a courteous and efficient way, with respect, sensitivity and confidentiality as appropriate
- Parents understand that we take such feedback seriously and listen to all concerns
- We take action as and where appropriate
The Director General of the Department of Education is responsible for ensuring that the school observes the registration standards, including the standard about its complaint handling system. Any student, parent or community member is entitled to contact the Director General with concerns about how the school has dealt with a complaint. Information is available on the Department of Education website. While the Director General may consider whether the school has breached the registration standards, they do not have the power to intervene in a complaint or override the school’s decision.
This form can be used by any member of the school community to provide feedback, advise of a concern or lodge a complaint.